This month, I was interviewed on the radio on Lake County’s WQBQ. A big thank you goes to Suzanne Lynn, who is so easy to talk to and insightful. We discussed so many topics, including:
- The state of healthcare and how it contributes to clinician “burnout” and much more
- The need to grasp burnout is not a sign of weak individuals but an occupational hazard in need of system/workplace strategies to mitigate and eliminate stressors and hindrances that fuel both disengagement and moral distress (watch for my article in a peer-reviewed journal due to publish this summer!)
- The impact of focusing on our most effective spheres of influence, and starting there!
- The importance of connection and community
- How burnout impacts other professions and fields of work
- Ways to prevent and recover from burnout and live with intention and purpose
Watch the video interview by clicking on the image below.
Connect: Did you learn something new on this interview? Comment below and/or send your insights and/or questions to me HERE.
Together we can accomplish so much more. I’m glad you’re here!
My book, Recapturing Joy in Medicine, is now available on the shelves at Barnes & Noble stores. If you can’t find it at your local store yet, just ask and they’ll order it! Here’s the updated B&N book page. Hooray! I’m so happy to impact lives through writing and speaking! Thank you for spreading the word so our colleagues are empowered and supported as leaders and as human beings so we may thrive!